Ron is an Insurance Representative with Spectra Financial Inc. and a Mutual Funds Representative with Manulife Securities Investment Services Inc. based in Estevan, Saskatchewan.
He services clients in four Provinces (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta & British Columbia), and:
- Has completed all courses in the CAIFA ‘Certificate in Financial Planning”.
- Is a long standing member of ADVOCIS, “The Financial Advisors Association of Canada”
- Holds the “CPCA”(Certified Professional Consultant on Aging) designation.
- Successfully completed the prescribed examinations for RDBA (Registered Deposit Brokers Association) and RVCF “Labor Sponsor Fund”.
- Long standing qualifying ‘Court of the Table’ MDRT member (Million Dollar Round Table), the Premier Association of Financial Professionals.
Prior to his 20 years in the Insurance and Investment industry, Ron was in charge of Facilities and Parks for the City of Whitehorse, Yukon.
Ron is a graduate with honours from the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), in the Recreation Facility Management (1986) Engineering Program.
Through out his youth Ron pursued a professional hockey playing career. See attached “Hockey Career Biography”.
Ron has held numerous volunteer and service club positions such as:
- Chairperson for Hockey Canada’s “2016 Western Canada Cup”held in Estevan, SK..
- President of the Rotary Club of Estevan,
- President of the Estevan Chamber of Commerce,
- Estevan Leisure Services Board (ie; Parks & Recreation Board)
- Chairperson for the 5 ‘New Arena Fundraising Dinners” that headlined notable speakers such as the Commissioner of the NHL, Mr. Gary Bettman, Team Canada Olympic Gold Medal Champions and legendary Detroit Red Wings, Steve Yzerman and Ken Holland as well as Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke and others.